Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Resuscitation
- Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2021 Update.Circulation. 2021; 143https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000950
- Regional Variation in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Incidence and Outcome.JAMA. 2008; 300: 1423-1431https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.300.12.1423
- Trends in care processes and survival following prehospital resuscitation improvement initiatives for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in British Columbia, 2006–2016.Resuscitation. 2018; 125: 118-125https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2018.01.049
- Improving Temporal Trends in Survival and Neurological Outcomes after Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2018; 11: 3561https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.117.003561
- Different impacts of time from collapse to first cardiopulmonary resuscitation on outcomes after witnessed out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in adults.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2015; 8: 277-284https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.115.001864
- The effect of time to defibrillation and targeted temperature management on functional survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2014; 85: 1623-1628https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2014.07.010
- Early advanced life support attendance is associated with improved survival and neurologic outcomes after non-traumatic out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in a tiered prehospital response system.Resuscitation. 2019; 135: 137-144https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2018.12.003
- Relationship between Time-to-ROSC and Survival in Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest ECPR Candidates: When is the Best Time to Consider Transport to Hospital?.Prehospital Emergency Care. 2016; 20: 615-622https://doi.org/10.3109/10903127.2016.1149652
- Time to Return of Spontaneous Circulation and Survival: When to Transport in out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest?.Prehospital Emergency Care. 2021; 25: 171-181https://doi.org/10.1080/10903127.2020.1752868/SUPPL_FILE/IPEC_A_1752868_SM9832.DOC
Panchal AR, Bartos JA, Cabañas JG, et al. Part 3: Adult Basic and Advanced Life Support: 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation. 2020;142:S366-S468. Doi:10.1161/CIR.0000000000000916.
Merchant RM, Topjian AA, Panchal AR, et al. Part 1: Executive Summary: 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation. 2020;142:S337-S357. Doi:10.1161/CIR.0000000000000918.
- Prehospital Protocols for Post-Return of Spontaneous Circulation Are Highly Variable.Prehospital Emergency Care. 2021; 25: 191-195https://doi.org/10.1080/10903127.2020.1754979
BCStats. Quarterly Population Highlights. 2022. (Accessed August 16, 2022, at quarterly_population_highlights.pdf (gov.bc.ca)).
Statistics Canada. Population growth in Canada’s rural areas, 2016 to 2021 : Census of population, 2021. (Accessed January 7, 2023, at https://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2022/statcan/98-200-x2021002-eng.pdf).
Statistics Canada. Population Centre and Rural Area Classification 2016. (Accessed January 7, 2023, at https://www.statcan.gc.ca/en/subjects/standard/pcrac/2016/introduction).
- The REDCap consortium: Building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95103208https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2019.103208
- A survey of factors associated with the successful recognition of agonal breathing and cardiac arrest by 9–1-1 call takers: Design and methodology.BMC Emerg Med. 2009; 9: 1-7https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-227X-9-14/FIGURES/2
Kleinman ME, Brennan EE, Goldberger ZD, et al. Part 5: Adult Basic Life Support and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Quality. Circulation. 2015;132:S414-S435. doi:10.1161/CIR.0000000000000259.
BCEHS Clinical Practice Guidelines 2021. (Accessed June 26, 2022, at https://handbook.bcehs.ca/clinical-practice-guidelines/).
BCEHS Clinical Practice Guidelines 2021 - Post Arrest Checklist. (Accessed August 31, 2022, at https://handbook.bcehs.ca/clinical-resources/checklists/post-arrest-checklist/).
- Cardiac Arrest and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Outcome Reports.Circulation. 2004; 110: 3385-3397https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.0000147236.85306.15
- Emergency medical services employing intra-arrest transport less frequently for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest have higher survival and favorable neurological outcomes.Resuscitation. 2021; 168: 27-34https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2021.09.004
- The association of scene-access delay and survival with favourable neurological status in patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2020; 155: 211-218https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2020.05.047
Harrell Jr, F. E. Regression Modeling Strategies. Springer International Publishing. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-19425-7.
- Rearrest after prehospital resuscitation.Prehospital emergency care. 2011; 15: 50-54https://doi.org/10.3109/10903127.2010.519820
- Incidence of re-arrest and critical events during prolonged transport of post-cardiac arrest patients.Resuscitation. 2010; 81: 938-942https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2010.04.012
- Incidence and outcomes of rearrest following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2015; 86: 19-24https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2014.10.011
- Effects of Intra-Resuscitation Antiarrhythmic Administration on Rearrest Occurrence and Intra-Resuscitation ECG Characteristics in the ROC ALPS Trial.Resuscitation. 2018; 129: 6https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2018.05.028
- Outcome and characteristics of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest according to location of arrest: A report from a large-scale, population-based study in Osaka, Japan.Resuscitation. 2006; 69: 221-228https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2005.08.018
- Factors associated with return of spontaneous circulation after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Poland: A one-year retrospective study.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2020; 20: 1-7https://doi.org/10.1186/S12872-020-01571-5/TABLES/4
- Cardiac arrest in public locations—An independent predictor for better outcome?.Resuscitation. 2006; 70: 395-403https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2006.02.002
- Incidence of Rearrest After Implementation of Postresuscitation Care Protocols in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.Acad Emerg Med. 2022; 29https://doi.org/10.1111/acem.14511
- Association of prehospital hypotension depth and dose with survival following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2022; 180: 99-107https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2022.09.018
- The association between systolic blood pressure on arrival at hospital and outcome in adults surviving from out-of-hospital cardiac arrests of presumed cardiac aetiology.Resuscitation. 2014; 85: 509-515https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2013.12.005
- The impact of prehospital transport interval on survival in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Implications for regionalization of post-resuscitation care.Resuscitation. 2008; 79: 61-66https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RESUSCITATION.2008.05.006
- Effect of Transport Interval on Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Survival in the OPALS Study: Implications for Triaging Patients to Specialized Cardiac Arrest Centers.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 54: 248-255https://doi.org/10.1016/J.ANNEMERGMED.2008.11.020
- Does transport time of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients matter?.A systematic review and meta-analysis. Resuscitation. 2017; 115: 96-101https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2017.04.003