Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Resuscitation
- Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Racial differences in outcome in Seattle.Am J Public Health. 1993; 83: 955-959
- Ethnic disparities in the incidence and outcome from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A New Zealand observational study.Resuscitation. 2019 Dec; 1: 56-62
- Ethnic differences in sudden cardiac arrest resuscitation.Heart Br Card Soc. 2016; 102: 1363-1370
- Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in South Asian and white populations in London: Database evaluation of characteristics and outcome.Heart Br Card Soc. 2010; 96: 27-29
- Bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in the Hispanic vs the non-Hispanic populations.Am J Emerg Med. 2008; 26: 655-660
- Bystander CPR in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: The role of limited English proficiency.Resuscitation. 2011; 82: 680-684
- Disparities in telephone CPR access and timing during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2017; 1: 11-16
- Barriers and facilitators to using 9-1-1 and emergency medical services in a limited English proficiency Chinese community.J Immigr Minor Health. 2012; 14: 307-313
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2016 Census QuickStats: Australia [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2021 Mar 25]. Available from: https://quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/036
- Linguistic diversity and social justice: An introduction to applied sociolinguistics.First edition. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2016
- Delivering 9-1-1 CPR instructions to limited English proficient callers: A simulation experiment.J Immigr Minor Health. 2015; 17: 1049-1054
- Identifying barriers to the provision of bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in high-risk regions: A qualitative review of emergency calls.Resuscitation. 2018; 1: 43-47
St John WA. Out of hospital cardiac arrest report - 2018 [Internet]. Belmont, WA; 2019. Available from: https://stjohnwa.com.au/docs/default-source/corporate-publications/ohca-cardiac-arrest-report_web.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Priority Dispatch Corp. Medical Priority Dispatch System (version 13). Salt Lake City, Utah, USA; 2017.
Office of Multicultural Interests. Cultural and linguistic diversity in Western Australia (WA) - 2016 Census [Internet]. 2016. Available from: https://www.omi.wa.gov.au/docs/librariesprovider2/statistics/cultural-and-linguistic-diversity-in-western-australia-(wa)-2016-census.pdf?sfvrsn=91788551_2
Priority Dispatch Corp. ProQA (version 18.104.22.168). Salt Lake City, Utah, USA; 2017.
St John WA. Out of hospital cardiac arrest report - 2019 [Internet]. Belmont WA; 2020. Available from: https://stjohnwa.com.au/docs/default-source/corporate-publications/ohca-annual-report-2019_digital.pdf?sfvrsn=da1be9b2_2
- Telecommunicator cardiopulmonary resuscitation: A policy statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2020; 141 (e686–700)
WA Department of Justice. The Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2021 Oct 11]. Available from: https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-justice/the-registry-of-births-deaths-and-marriages
The Government of Western Australia. Metropolitan Cemeteries Board [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2021 Oct 11]. Available from: https://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/
- Standard, codification and sociolinguistic realism: The English language in the Outer Circle.in: Quirk R. Widdowson H. English in the World: Teaching and Learning the Language and Literatures. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge1985: 11-30
Microsoft Corp. Microsoft Excel [Internet]. 2016. Available from: https://office.microsoft.com/excel
Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival. Dispatcher-assisted CPR module data dictionary. In https://mycares.net/sitepages/dispatchtraining.jsp.
- The CHILDES project: Tools for analyzing talk.3rd ed. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahwah, NJ2000
- SAS.Cary, NC, USA2013
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Hijacking the dispatch protocol: When callers pre-empt their reason-for-the-call in emergency calls about cardiac arrest.Discourse Stud. 2018; 20: 666-687
- Emergency communications with limited-English-proficiency populations.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2010; 14: 265-271
- The effect of language barriers on dispatching EMS response.Prehospital Emerg Care Off J Natl Assoc EMS Physicians Natl Assoc State EMS Dir. 2013; 16: 17
- ‘Something really weird has happened’: Losing the ‘big picture’ in emergency service calls.J Pragmat. 2015; 1: 102-120
- Predicting survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A graphic model.Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 22: 1652-1658
- Migration, heritage languages, and changing demographics in Australia.in: Kagan O. Carreira M.M. Hitchins Chik C. The Routledge Handbook of Heritage Language Education: From innovation to program building. Taylor and Francis, 2017: 22-32
- Language barriers to healthcare for linguistic minorities: The case of second language-specific health communication anxiety.Health Commun. 2021; 36: 334-346
- Examining differences in nurses’ language, accent, and comprehensibility in nursing home settings based on birth origin and country of education.Geriatr Nur (Lond). 2015; 36: 47-51