Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Resuscitation
- Global incidences of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and survival rates: Systematic review of 67 prospective studies.Resuscitation. 2010; 81: 1479-1487
- The global survival rate among adult out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients who received cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Crit Care. 2020; 24: 1-13
- European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2021: Systems saving lives.Resuscitation. 2021; 161: 80-97
- Predicting survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A graphic model.Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 22: 1652-1658
- Regional variation in the characteristics, incidence and outcomes of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Australia and New Zealand: Results from the Aus-ROC Epistry.Resuscitation. 2018; 126: 49-57
- Part 7: Systems of Care: 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.Circulation. 2020; 142: S580-S604
- Surviving out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: The important role of bystander interventions.Austral Emerg Care. 2020; 23.1: 47-54
- The use of trained volunteers in the response to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest–the GoodSAM experience.Resuscitation. 2017; 121: 123-126
- Smartphone activation of citizen responders to facilitate defibrillation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 76: 43-53
- AED and Text Message Responders Density in Residential Areas for Rapid Response in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.Resuscitation. 2020;
- European First Responder systems and differences in return of spontaneous circulation and survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a study of registry cohorts.Lancet Reg Health-Europe. 2020; : 100004
- Local lay rescuers with AEDs, alerted by text messages, contribute to early defibrillation in a Dutch out-of-hospital cardiac arrest dispatch system.Resuscitation. 2014; 85: 1444-1449
- Enhancing citizens response to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A systematic review of mobile-phone systems to alert citizens as first responders.Resuscitation. 2020;
- Early cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of Automated External Defibrillators by laypersons in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest using an SMS alert service.Resuscitation. 2011; 82: 1273-1278
- The PulsePoint Respond mobile device application to crowdsource basic life support for patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: challenges for optimal implementation.Resuscitation. 2016; 98: 20-26
- Mobile phone-based alerting of CPR-trained volunteers simultaneously with the ambulance can reduce the resuscitation-free interval and improve outcome after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a German, population-based cohort study.Resuscitation. 2020; 147: 57-64
- Global positioning system alerted volunteer first responders arrive before emergency medical services in more than four out of five emergency calls.Resuscitation. 2020; 152: 170-176
- myResponder smartphone application to crowdsource basic life support for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: The Singapore experience.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2021; 25: 388-396
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 3101.0 - Australian Demographic Statistics, Dec 2018, 2018. (accessed 10-08-2019, at https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/0/D56C4A3E41586764CA2581A70015893E?Opendocument).
- Cardiac arrests treated by ambulance paramedics and fire fighters.Med J Aust. 2002; 177: 305-309
The Australian Resuscitation Council. Section 11 - Adult Advanced Life Support. 2018. (updated August 2018, accessed 31/7/2020, at https://resus.org.au/guidelines/).
New Zealand Government. Stats NZ - Population, 2020. (accessed on the 13/06/2021, at https://www.stats.govt.nz/topics/population).
New Zealand Resuscitation Council. ANZCOR Guideline 11.2 – Protocols for Adult Advanced Life Support, 2017. (accessed 13/06/2021, at https://www.nzrc.org.nz/assets/Guidelines/Adult-ALS/ANZCOR-Guideline-11.2-Protocols-June17.pdf).
- Mental health and wellbeing of Australian police and emergency services employees.Arch Environ Occup Health. 2021; : 1-11
Blue Beyond. Answering the call national survey, national mental health and wellbeing study of police and emergency services–Final report, 2018.
- The posttraumatic stress disorder checklist for DSM-5 (PCL-5): Development and initial psychometric evaluation.J Trauma Stress. 2015; 28: 489-498
- National ethical standards for health and disability research and quality improvement.Ministry of Health, Wellington2019
- The diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, (DSM-5).American Psychiatric Association, Philadelphia2013
- The impact of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training on schoolchildren and their CPR knowledge, attitudes toward CPR, and willingness to help others and to perform CPR: mixed methods research design.BMC Public Health. 2020; 20: 1-11
- Aussie KIDS SAVE LIVES: A position statement from the Australian Resuscitation Council and supported by stakeholders.Emerg Med Austral. 2021;
- Association between public cardiopulmonary resuscitation education and the willingness to perform bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a metropolitan citywide survey.Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2017; 4: 80-87
- Debriefing bystanders of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest is valuable.Resuscitation. 2014; 85: 1504-1511
- Psychological impact on dispatched local lay rescuers performing bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Resuscitation. 2015; 92: 115-121
- Impact of community initiatives on non-EMS bystander CPR rates in West Yorkshire between 2014 and 2018.Resuscit Plus. 2021; 6100115
- Trends in survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrests defibrillated by paramedics, first responders and bystanders.Resuscitation. 2019; 143: 85-91
Rapid Response Revival. Get ready for the future of AEDs, 2020. (access 4/10/2020, at https://www.rapidresponserevival.co.nz/).
HeartHero. Introducing Elliot, 2021. (accessed 7/07/2021, at https://hearthero.com/).
- The new Italian law “A systems saving lives” the first European former application of ERC 2021 guidelines.Resuscitation. 2021;
- Automated External Defibrillators (Public Access) Bill 2020.South Australia Legislative Council, South Australia2020
- Dispatch of Firefighters and Police Officers in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Nationwide Prospective Cohort Trial Using Propensity Score Analysis.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e005873