Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Resuscitation
- Termination of resuscitation in nontraumatic cardiopulmonary arrest.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2011; 15: 542
- Standards and Clinical Practice Committee of the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP); Subcommittee on Emergency Services-Prehospital of the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma (ACSCOT). Withholding and termination of resuscitation of adult cardiopulmonary arrest secondary to trauma: resource document to the joint NAEMSP-ACSCOT position statements.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013; 75: 459-467
- Implementation trial of the basic life support termination of resuscitation rule: reducing the transport of futile out-of-hospital cardiac arrests.Resuscitation. 2014; 85: 486-491
American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma; American College of Emergency Physicians Paediatric Emergency Medicine Committee; National Association of EMS Physicians; American Academy of Paediatrics Committee on Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Fallat ME. Withholding or termination of resuscitation in paediatric out-of-hospital traumatic cardiopulmonary arrest. Ann Emerg Med. 2014;63:504–15.
Harris MI, Crowe RP, Anders J, et al. Applying a Set of Termination of Resuscitation Criteria to Paediatric Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. Resuscitation. 169:175–181.
The Maryland Medical protocols for Emergency Medical Services. (Accessed October 11, 2021 at: https://www.miemss.org/home/Portals/0/Docs/Guidelines_Protocols/MD-Medical-Protocols-2020-20200914.pdf?ver=2020-09-15-084650-297).
- for the Can Am Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Investigators. Out-of-hospital pediatric cardiac arrest: an epidemiologic review and assessment of current knowledge.Ann Emerg Med. 2005; 46: 512-522
- Out-of-hospital pediatric cardiac arrest: where are we now and where do we need to go?.Ann Emerg Med. 2005 Dec; 46: 523-524
- Pediatric Out-of-Hospital Traumatic Cardiopulmonary Arrest After Traffic Accidents and Termination of Resuscitation.Ann Emerg Med. 2020 Jan; 75: 57-65
- Early On-Scene Management of Paediatric Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Can Result in Improved Likelihood for Neurologically-Intact Survival.Resuscitation. 2019; 135: 162-167
- Outcome from paediatric cardiac arrest associated with trauma.Resuscitation. 2007; 75: 29-34
- Outcome after resuscitation beyond 30 minutes in drowned children with cardiac arrest and hypothermia: Dutch nationwide retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2015; 10h418
- An Ethical Justification for Termination of Resuscitation Protocols for Paediatric Patients.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2017; 33: 505-515
- Medical futility: its meaning and ethical implications.Ann Intern Med. 1990; 112: 949-954
- Perceptions by Families of Emergency Medical Service Interventions During Imminent Paediatric Out-of-Hospital Death.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2019; 23: 241-248
- Family Centered Practice During Pediatric Death in an Out of Hospital Setting.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2016; 23: 798-807
- The Association of Death Notification and Related Training with Burnout among Emergency Medical Services Professionals.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2020; 20: 1-10
- Death in the field: teaching paramedics to deliver effective death notifications using the educational intervention “GRIEV_ING”.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2013; 17: 501-510
- The perspective of paramedics about on-scene termination of resuscitation efforts for pediatric patients.Resuscitation. 2004; 60: 175-187
- Ethical issues of cardiopulmonary resuscitation: current practice among emergency physicians.Acad Emerg Med. 1997; 4: 898-904
- Family perspective of medical care and grief support after field termination by emergency medical services personnel: a preliminary report.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2002; 6: 440-444
- Field termination of unsuccessful out-of-hospital cardiac arrest resuscitation: acceptance by family members.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 27: 649-654
- Factors influencing termination of resuscitation in children: a qualitative analysis.Int J Emerg Med. 2020; 13: 12
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Applying a set of termination of resuscitation criteria to paediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrestResuscitationVol. 169
- PreviewPrehospital Termination of Resuscitation (TOR) protocols for adults can reduce the number of futile transports of patients in cardiac arrest, yet similar protocols are not widely available for paediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (POHCA). The objective of this study was to apply a set of criteria for paediatric TOR (pTOR) from the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) to a large national cohort and determine its association with return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) after POHCA.