Abbreviations:AED (Automated external defibrillator), AUC (area under the receiver operating characteristic curve), CI (confidence interval), CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), EMS (emergency medical services), OHCA (out-of-hospital cardiac arrest), OR (odds ratio), PAD (public access defibrillation), ROC (resuscitation outcomes consortium)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Resuscitation
- Ventricular tachyarrhythmias after cardiac arrest in public versus at home.New Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 313-321
- Predictors of survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2010; 3: 63-81
- Improved survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest is associated with an increase in proportion of emergency crew--witnessed cases and bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Cirtulation. 2008; 118: 389-396
- Early cardiopulmonary resuscitation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2307-2315
- Association of bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation and survival according to ambulance response times after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Circulation. 2016; 134: 2095-2104
- The effect of ambulance response time on survival following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: An analysis from the German resuscitation registry.Deutsches Ärzteblatt Int. 2018; 115: 541
- Effect of reducing ambulance response times on deaths from out of hospital cardiac arrest: cohort study.BMJ. 2001; 322: 1385-1388
- Ontario Prehospital Advanced Life Support Study G. Optimal defibrillation response intervals for maximum out-of-hospital cardiac arrest survival rates.Ann Emerg Med. 2003; 42: 242-250
- Relationship between emergency medical services response time and bystander intervention in patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e007568
- Estimating effectiveness of cardiac arrest interventions: a logistic regression survival model.Circulation. 1997; 96: 3308-3313
- Predicting survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a graphic model.Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 22: 1652-1658
- Modifiable factors associated with improved cardiac arrest survival in a multicenter basic life support/defibrillation system: OPALS study phase I results.Ann Emergency Med. 1999; 33: 44-50
- Role of ambulance response times in the survival of patients with outof-hospital cardiac arrest.Emerg Med J. 2011; 28: 703-707
- The PulsePoint Respond mobile device application to crowdsource basic life support for patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Challenges for optimal implementation.Resuscitation. 2016; 98: 20-26
- Effectiveness of a community based out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) interventional bundle: results of a pilot study.Resuscitation. 2020; 146: 220-228
- Adult Basic Life Support: 2020 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations.Circulation. 2020;
- Effect of Optimized Versus Guidelines-Based Automated External Defibrillator Placement on Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Coverage: An In Silico Trial.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e016701
- Improving bystander defibrillation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrests at home.Eur Heart J: Acute Cardiovascular Care. 2020; (2048872619891675)
Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium (ROC) Cardiac Epidemiologic Registry (Cardiac Epistry) Version 1 and 2. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://biolincc.nhlbi.nih.gov/studies/roc_cardiac_epistry_1_2/. Published 2018. Accessed 2019.
Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium (ROC) Cardiac Epidemiologic Registry (Cardiac Epistry) Version 3. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://biolincc.nhlbi.nih.gov/studies/roc_cardiac_epistry_3/ Published 2018. Accessed 2019.
- Multiple imputation by chained equations: what is it and how does it work?.Int J Methods Psychiatric Res. 2011; 20: 40-49
- Multiple imputation: a flexible tool for handling missing data.JAMA. 2015; 314: 1966-1967
- Multiple imputation for nonresponse in surveys. vol. 81. John Wiley & Sons, 2004
Team RC. R: A language and environment for statistical computing; 2013.
- Applied logistic regression. 398. John Wiley & Sons, 2013
- Simultaneous inference in general parametric models.Biometrical J Biometrische Zeitschrift. 2008; 50: 346-363
- Public-access defibrillation and survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 637-646
- Cardiac arrest detection through artificial intelligence-based surveillance camera: a working prototype.Resuscitation. 2018; 130e114
- Contactless cardiac arrest detection using smart devices.NPJ Digital Med. 2019; 2: 1-8
- Wearable devices for ambulatory cardiac monitoring: JACC state-of-the-art review.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 1582-1592
- Key components of a community response to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Nature Rev Cardiol. 2019; 16: 407-416
- Optimizing a drone network to deliver automated external defibrillators.Circulation. 2017; 135: 2454-2465
- Improving Access to automated external defibrillators in rural and remote settings: a drone delivery feasibility study.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e016687
- Regional variation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest incidence and outcome.JAMA. 2008; 300: 1423-1431