Abbreviations:AAW (advanced airway), ALS (advanced life support), aOR (adjusted odds ratio), BMV (bag mask ventilation), CI (95% confidence interval), CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), GRADE (Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development, and Evaluation), IHCA (in hospital cardiac arrest), ILCOR (International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation), M–H (Cochran–Mantel–Haenszel), OHCA (out of hospital cardiac arrest), SGA (supraglottic airway), TI (tracheal intubation), RD (risk difference)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Resuscitation
- Part 6: pediatric basic life support and pediatric advanced life support: 2015 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations.Resuscitation. 2015; 95: e147-e168
- Unchanged pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest incidence and survival rates with regional variation in North America.Resuscitation. 2016; 107: 121-128
- Time on the scene and interventions are associated with improved survival in pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2015; 94: 1-7
- Schünemann H. Brożek J. Guyatt G. Oxman A. GRADE handbook for grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations. The GRADE Working Group, Hamilton ON2013 (Updated October 2013, (Accessed 28 June 2018, at: www.guidelinedevelopment.org/handbook))
The CLARITY Working Group at McMaster University. Tool to assess risk of bias in cohort studies. Hamilton, ON: McMaster Universitiy, Undated. (Accessed on 30 September 2017, at: https://www.evidencepartners.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Tool-to-Assess-Risk-of-Bias-in-Cohort-Studies.pdf).
- Higgins J.P.T. Green S. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, London2011 (Accessed 1 March 2018 from http://handbook.cochrane.org)
- Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses.Bmj. 2003; 327: 557-560
- The effects of clinical and statistical heterogeneity on the predictive values of results from meta-analyses.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014; 20: 123-129
- GRADEpro GDT: GRADEpro guideline development tool [Software].McMaster University (developed by Evidence Prime, Inc.), Hamilton, ON2015 (Accessed 28 June 2018 from gradepro.org)
Review Manager (RevMan) [Software], version 5.3. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2014. (Accessed 17 August 2018, at: https://community.cochrane.org/help/tools-and-software/revman-5).
- Time to epinephrine and survival after pediatric in-hospital cardiac arrest.JAMA. 2015; 314: 802-810
- Association between tracheal intubation during pediatric in-hospital cardiac arrest and survival.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1786-1797
- Effect of out-of-hospital pediatric endotracheal intubation on survival and neurological outcome: a controlled clinical trial.JAMA. 2000; 283: 783-790
- A comparison of pediatric airway management techniques during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest using the CARES database.Resuscitation. 2017; 120: 51-56
- Effect of prehospital advanced airway management for pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2017; 114: 66-72
- Life support techniques related to sruvival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in infants.Resuscitation. 2012; 83: 612-618
- Endotracheal intubation of pediatric patients by paramedics.Ann Emerg Med. 1989; 18: 489-494
- Epidemiology of paediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Melbourne, Australia.Resuscitation. 2010; 81: 1095-1100
- Long-term evolution after in-hospital cardaic arrest in children: prospective multicenter multinational study.Resuscitation. 2015; 96: 126-134
- An evaluation of pediatric in-hospital advanced life support interventions using the pediatric Utstein guidelines: a review of 203 cardiorespiratory arrests.Can J Anaesth. 2004; 51: 373-378
- Prehospital care and outcome of pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2002; 6: 283-290
- A prospective, population-based study of the demographics, epidemiology, management, and outcome of out-of-hospital pediatric cardiopulmonary arrest.Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 33: 174-184
- Epidemiology and outcome of paediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrests: a paediatric sub-study of the Pan-Asian resuscitation outcomes study (PAROS).Resuscitation. 2018; 125: 111-117
- Cardiac arrest and resuscitation: an opportunity to align research prioritization and public health need.Circulation. 2010; 122: 1876-1879
- National Institutes of Health — funded cardiac arrest research: a 10-year trend analysis.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e005239