Abbreviations:IHCA (in-hospital cardiac arrest), ICU (intensive care unit), BDE (bolus dilute epinephrine), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), BCH (Boston Children’s Hospital), SBP (systolic blood pressure), MAP (mean arterial pressure), DBP (diastolic blood pressure), HR (heart rate)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Survival trends in pediatric in-hospital cardiac arrests: an analysis from get with the guidelines-resuscitation.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2013; 6: 42-49
- Part 12: Pediatric advanced life support: 2015 american heart association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care.Circulation. 2015; 132: S526-42
- Ratio of picu versus ward cardiopulmonary resuscitation events is increasing.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: 2292-2297
- First documented rhythm and clinical outcome from in-hospital cardiac arrest among children and adults.JAMA. 2006; 295: 50-57
- Push dose epinephrine: a temporizing measure for drugs that have the side-effect of hypotension.Jems. 2014; 39: 62-63
- Push-dose pressors for immediate blood pressure control.Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2015; 2: 131-132
- Bolus-dose vasopressors in the emergency department: first, do no harm; second, more evidence is needed.Ann Emerg Med. 2018; 71: 93-95
- Safety considerations and guideline-based safe use recommendations for bolus-dose vasopressors in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2018; 71: 83-92
- Phenylephrine infusion versus bolus regimens during cesarean delivery under spinal anesthesia: a double-blind randomized clinical trial to assess hemodynamic changes.Anesth Analg. 2012; 115: 1343-1350
- A randomized controlled trial of variable rate phenylephrine infusion with rescue phenylephrine boluses versus rescue boluses alone on physician interventions during spinal anesthesia for elective cesarean delivery.Anesth Analg. 2014; 118: 611-618
- Effect of different phenylephrine bolus doses for treatment of hypotension during spinal anaesthesia in patients undergoing elective caesarean section.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2015; 43: 74-80
- Efficacy of bolus-dose phenylephrine for peri-intubation hypotension.J Emerg Med. 2015; 49: 488-494
- The impact of push-dose phenylephrine use on subsequent preload expansion in the ed setting.Am J Emerg Med. 2016; 34: 2419-2422
- Bolus dose of epinephrine for refractory post-arrest hypotension.Cjem. 2017; : 1-5
- Low-dose epinephrine boluses for acute hypotension in the picu.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2018;
- Guidelines 2000 for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Part 10: Pediatric advanced life support. The american heart association in collaboration with the international liaison committee on resuscitation.Circulation. 2000; 102: I291-I342
- Report of the second task force on blood pressure control in children—1987.Pediatrics. 1987; 79: 1-25
- Medication errors with push dose pressors in the emergency department and intensive care units.Am J Emerg Med. 2017; 35: 1964-1965
☆A Spanish translated version of the abstract of this article appears as Appendix in the final online version at https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2018.03.011.