Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trust and distrust in CPR decisions.J Bioeth Inquiry. 2010; 7: 111-122
- Do-not-resuscitate order after 25 years.Crit Care Med. 2003; 31: 1543-1550
- Futility has no utility in resuscitation medicine.J Med Ethics. 2000; 26: 396-399
- The intersection of long-term care and end-of-life care.Med Care Res Rev. 2012; 69: 3-44
- Chemotherpy and information-seeking behaviour: characteristics of patients using mass-media information sources.Psycho-Oncology. 2011; 21: 993-1002
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation on television: miracles and misinformation.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1578-1582
- A controlled trial to improve care for seriously ill hospitalized patients. The study to understand prognoses and preferences for outcomes and risks of treatments (SUPPORT).JAMA. 1995; 274: 1591-1598
- Approaching death: improving care at the end of life.National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.1997 (http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=5801)
- Growth of palliative care in U.S. Hospitals 2012 snapshot.2012 (http://reportcard.capc.org/pdf/capc-growth-analysis-snapshot-2011.pdf)
- Medical ethics on film: towards a reconstruction of the teaching of healthcare professionals.J Med Ethics. 2007; 33: 678-680
- A novel website to prepare diverse older adults for decision making and advance care planning: a pilot study.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2014; 47: 504-505
The conversation project [Internet]. Available from Institute for Healthcare Improvement PDF: 〈http://theconversationproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/TCP_StarterKit_2015_Final_Writeable.pdf〉 [updated 2015; cited 4/29/15].
- Predictors of survival following in-hospital adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation.CMAJ. 2002; 167: 343-348
- Short- and long-term survival after cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1969-1973
- Epidemiology and outcomes of in-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the United States, 2000–2009.Resuscitation. 2013; 84: 1255-1260
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation of adults in the hospital: a report of 14720 cardiac arrests form the National Registry of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.Resuscitation. 2003; 58: 297-308
- How misconceptions among elderly patients regarding survival outcomes of inpatient cardiopulmonary resuscitation affect do-not-resuscitate orders.J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2006; 106: 402-404
- Racial/ethnic variation in perceptions of medical information sources in Durham County, North Carolina.NC Med J. 2007; 68: 391-398
- Public expectations of survival following cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7: 48-53
- A randomized controlled trial of a cardiopulmonary resuscitation video in advance care planning for progressive pancreas and hepatobiliary cancer patients.J Palliat Med. 2013; 16: 623-631
☆A Spanish translated version of the summary of this article appears as Appendix in the final online version at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2015.08.002.