Aim of study
Materials and methods
- ViEWS – towards a National Early Warning Score for detecting adult inpatient deterioration.Resuscitation. 2010; 81: 932-937
- Standardising the assessment of acute-illness severity in the NHS. Report of a working party.Royal College of Physicians, London2012
- The ability of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) to discriminate patients at risk of early cardiac arrest, unanticipated intensive care unit admission, and death.Resuscitation. 2013; 84: 465-470
- Hospital-wide physiological surveillance – a new approach to the early identification and management of the sick patient.Resuscitation. 2006; 71: 19-29
http://www.mathworks.co.uk/help/stats/classificationtree.fit.html [accessed 25.10.13].
- The meaning and use of the area under a receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve.Radiology. 1982; 143: 29-36
http://cran.r-project.org [accessed 25.10.13].
☆A Spanish translated version of the abstract of this article appears as Appendix in the final online version at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2013.12.011.