Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Resuscitation
- Field triage of the pulseless trauma patient.Arch Surg. 1999; 134 (discussion 745–746): 742-745
- Prehospital traumatic cardiac arrest: the cost of futility.J Trauma. 1993; 35 (discussion 473–474): 468-473
- Additional evidence in support of withholding or terminating cardiopulmonary resuscitation for trauma patients in the field.J Am Coll Surg. 2004; 198: 227-231
- Guidelines for withholding or termination of resuscitation in prehospital traumatic cardiopulmonary arrest: a joint position paper from the National Association of EMS Physicians Standards and Clinical Practice Committee and the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2003; 7: 141-146
- Trauma patients receiving CPR: predictors of survival.J Trauma. 2005; 58: 951-958
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation after traumatic cardiac arrest is not always futile.Injury. 2006; 37: 448-454
- Outcome in 757 severely injured patients with traumatic cardiorespiratory arrest.Resuscitation. 2007; 75: 276-285
- Traumatic cardiac arrest: who are the survivors?.Ann Emerg Med. 2006; 48: 240-244
- A statewide system of trauma care in Victoria: effect on patient survival.Med J Aust. 2008; 189: 546-550
- Results from the first 12 months of a fire first-responder program in Australia.Resuscitation. 2001; 49: 143-150
Australian Resuscitation Council. Guidelines. http://www.resus.org.au.
Ambulance Victoria. Clinical practice guidelines. http://www.ambulance.vic.gov.au/Paramedics/Qualified-Paramedic-Training/Clinical-Practice-Guidelines.html.
- Population-based capture of long-term functional and quality of life outcomes after major trauma: the experiences of the Victorian State Trauma Registry.J Trauma. 2010; 69 (discussion 536): 532-536
- Developing Australia's first statewide trauma registry: what are the lessons?.ANZ J Surg. 2004; 74: 424-428
- Cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation outcome reports: update and simplification of the Utstein templates for resuscitation registries. A statement for healthcare professionals from a task force of the international liaison committee on resuscitation (American Heart Association, European Resuscitation Council, Australian Resuscitation Council, New Zealand Resuscitation Council, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, Inter American Heart Foundation, Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa).Resuscitation. 2004; 63: 233-249
- Validity and sensitivity to change of the extended Glasgow Outcome Scale in mild to moderate traumatic brain injury.J Neurotrauma. 2001; 18: 575-584
- Does the prognosis of cardiac arrest differ in trauma patients?.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 2251-2255
- Why bystanders decline telephone cardiac resuscitation advice.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 1012-1015
- Injury patterns and preventability in prehospital motor vehicle crash fatalities in Victoria.Emerg Med Australas. 2004; 16: 274-279
- Towards optimal trauma care.Arch Emerg Med. 1985; 2: 181-195
- Could bystander first-aid prevent trauma deaths at the scene of injury?.Emerg Med Australas. 2007; 19: 163-168
- Improving bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2011; 17: 219-224
- Factors associated with an increased chance of survival among patients suffering from an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in a national perspective in Sweden.Am Heart J. 2005; 149: 61-66
- Estimating effectiveness of cardiac arrest interventions: a logistic regression survival model.Circulation. 1997; 96: 3308-3313
- Survival models for out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation from the perspectives of the bystander, the first responder, and the paramedic.Resuscitation. 2001; 51: 113-122
- European Resuscitation Council guidelines for resuscitation 2005 Section 7. Cardiac arrest in special circumstances.Resuscitation. 2005; 67: S135-S170
- Thoracotomy during trauma resuscitations – an appraisal by board-certified general surgeons.J Trauma. 1989; 29: 1318-1321
- Chest wall thickness may limit adequate drainage of tension pneumothorax by needle thoracocentesis.J Accid Emerg Med. 1996; 13: 426-427
- Chest decompression during the resuscitation of patients in prehospital traumatic cardiac arrest.Emerg Med J. 2009; 26: 738-740
- The importance of pre-trauma centre treatment of life-threatening events on the mortality of patients transferred with severe trauma.Resuscitation. 2010; 81: 440-445
- Blunt trauma patients with prehospital pulseless electrical activity (PEA): poor ending assured.J Trauma. 2002; 53 (discussion 880–871): 876-880
☆A Spanish translated version of the abstract of this article appears as Appendix in the final online version at doi:10.1016/j.resuscitation.2011.09.025.