Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A decade of in-hospital resuscitation: outcomes and prediction of survival.Resuscitation. 2006; 68: 231-237
- Quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation during in-hospital cardiac arrest.JAMA. 2005; 293: 305-310
- Collaborative practices in unscheduled emergency care: role and impact of the emergency care practitioner qualitative and summative findings.Emerg Med J. 2007; 24: 625-629
- Improving medical emergency team (MET) performance using a novel curriculum and a computerized human patient simulator.Qual Saf Health Care. 2005; 14: 326-331
- Teaching teamwork during the Neonatal Resuscitation Program: a randomized trial.J. Perinatol. 2007; 27: 409-414
- Team performance in the emergency room: assessment of inter-disciplinary attitudes.Resuscitation. 2001; 49: 39-46
- Non-technical skills: identifying, training, and assessing safe behaviours.in: Riley R. Manual of simulation in healthcare. Oxford University Press, 2008
- Anaesthetists’ non-technical skills (ANTS): evaluation of a behavioural marker system.Br J Anaesth. 2003; 90: 580-588
- Leadership for safety: industrial experience.Qual Saf Health Care. 2004; 13
- Identifying and training non-technical skills for teams in acute medicine.Qual Saf Health Care. 2004; 13
Endsley MR. Situation awareness global assessment technique (SAGAT). National Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON). New York, 1988; p. 798–95.
Health and Safety Executive. Health and safety Executive; 2009. http://www.hse.gov.uk/humanfactors/ [accessed 19.08.09].
- Simulation-based training of internal medicine residents in advanced cardiac life support protocols: a randomized trial.Teach Learn Med. 2005; 17: 210-216
- Teamwork: building healthier workplaces and providing safer patient care.Crit Care Nurs Quart. 2009; 32: 221-231
- Quality of CPR during advanced resuscitation training.Resuscitation. 2008; 77: 69-74
Resuscitation Council. Immediate Life Support Resuscitation Council; 2006.
- A pilot study using high-fidelity simulation to formally evaluate performance in the resuscitation of critically ill patients: the University of Ottawa critical care medicine, high-fidelity simulation, and crisis resource management I study.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 2167-2174
- Simulation applications for human factors and systems evaluation.Anesthesiol Clin. 2007; 25: 237-259
- The effect of simulation learning on critical thinking and self-confidence when incorporated into an electrocardiogram nursing course.Clin Simul Nurs. 2009; 5: 45-52
- A human factors analysis of technical and team skills among surgical trainees during procedural simulations in a simulated operating theatre.Ann Surg. 2005; 242: 631-639
- Human factors affect the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in simulated cardiac arrests.Resuscitation. 2004; 60: 51-56
- Team Climate Awareness Measure (TCAM).National Patient Safety Association, 2005
- Teamwork and patient safety in dynamic domains of healthcare: a review of the literature.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009; 53: 143-151
- Non-technical skills for surgeons in the operating room: a review of the literature.Surgery. 2006; 139: 140-149
- Leadership of resuscitation teams: ‘Lighthouse Leadership’.Resuscitation. 1999; 42: 27-45
- The Mayo high performance teamwork scale: reliability and validity for evaluating key crew resource management skills.Simul Healthc. 2007; 2: 4-10
- Collaborative practices in unscheduled emergency care: role and impact of the emergency care practitioner—quantitative findings.Emerg Med J. 2007; 24: 630-633
- The art and science of debriefing in simulation: ideal and practice.Med Teach. 2009; 31: 287-294
- No oscar for OSCE.Med Educ. 1990; 24: 540-545
- Comparing the psychometric properties of checklists and global rating scales for assessing performance on an OSCE format examination.Acad Med. 1998; 73: 993-997
- The content validity index: are you sure you know what's being reported? Critique and recommendations.Res Nurs Health. 2006; 29: 489-497
- Advanced statistics: understanding medical record review (MRR) studies.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 187-192
- Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions.Wiley, New York1981
- Statistics for the behavioural sciences.3rd ed. West Publishing Company, New York1992
Resuscitation Council United Kingdom. Advanced life support manual. 4th ed.; 2000.
- Non-technical skills in the intensive care unit.Br J Anaesth. 2006; 96: 551-559
- Using video tape technology: innovations in behavioural research.J Manage. 1981; 7: 43-54
- Factor analysis and scale revision.Psychol Assess. 2000; 12: 287-297
- Modelling emergency decisions: recognition-primed decision making. The literature in relation to an ophthalmic critical incident.J Clin Nurs. 2006; 15: 1023-1032
- The power of intuition. How to use your gut feelings to make better decisions at work.Doubleday, New York2003
- Surgeons’ non-technical skills in the operating room: reliability testing of the NOTSS behavior rating system.World J Surg. 2008; 32: 548-556
- Evaluation of trauma team performance using an advanced human patient simulator for resuscitation training.J Trauma Inj Infect Crit Care. 2002; 52 (discussion 85–6): 1078-1085
- Inside management teams: developing a teamwork survey instrument.Br J Manage. 2007; 18: 138-153
- Effective Health Care Teams: a model of six characteristics developed from shared perceptions.J Interprof Care. 2005; 19: 358-370
- Development of the NOTECHS (non-technical skills) system for assessing pilots’ CRM skills.Human Factors Aerospace Saf. 2003; 3: 97-120
- Evaluating the management of septic shock using patient simulation.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 769-775
- Evaluating teamwork in a simulated obstetric environment.Anesthesiology. 2007; 106: 907-915
- Non-technical skills of the operating theatre scrub nurse: literature review.J Adv Nurs. 2008; 63: 15-24
☆A Spanish translated version of the abstract of this article appears as Appendix in the final online version at doi:10.1016/j.resuscitation.2009.11.027.