Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Resuscitation
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation: history, current practice, and future direction.Circulation. 2006; 114: 2839-2849
- Closed-chest cardiac massage.JAMA. 1960; 173: 1064-1067
- An improved technique of external cardiac compression in infants and young children.N Engl J Med. 1963; 269: 606-610
- Optimum position for external cardiac compression in infants and young children.Ann Emerg Med. 1986; 15: 667-673
2005 International Consensus Conference on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations. Part 2. Adult Basic Life Support. Circulation 2005; 112[Suppl I]: III-5–16.
European Resuscitation Council Guidelines for Resuscitation 2005. Section 2. Adult basic life support and use of automated external defibrillators. Resuscitation 2005; 67: s7–23.
2005 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Part 4. Adult Basic Life Support. Circulation 2005; 112[Suppl I]: IV-19–34.
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Student Manual. American Heart Association; 2006.
- The physiology of external cardiac massage: high-impulse cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Circulation. 1984; 70: 86-101
- Radiological assessment of the adult chest: implications for chest compressions.Resuscutation. 2006; 71: 387-390
- Skeletal chest injuries secondary to cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Resuscitation. 2004; 63: 327-338
- Role of dominant hand position during external cardiac compression.Br J Anaesth. 2000; 84: 491-493
- Force distribution across the heel of the hand during simulated manual chest compression.Resuscitation. 1997; 35: 259-263
☆A Spanish translated version of the summary of this article appears as Appendix in the online version at 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2007.05.003.