Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Traverse B, Locker-Freeman F. Medical discoveries: medical breakthroughs and the people who develop them. UXL, Detroit, Michigan; 1997.
Sebastian A. A dictionary of the history of medicine. New York: Parthenon Publishing Group; 1999.
Blackwell T. Principles of emergency medical services systems. In: Marx JA, Hockberger RS, Walls RM, editors. Rosen’s emergency medicine concepts and clinical practice. 5th ed. St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby Inc.; 2002.
Boyd DR. The conceptual development of EMS systems in the United States. Part I. Emergency medical services. January/February; 1982 p. 19.
- The beginning of urban ambulance service in the United States and England.J. Emerg. Med. 1990; 8: 743-755
Bledsoe BE, Cherry RA, Porter RS. Brady intermediate emergency care. 2nd ed. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall Inc.; 1998.
- Pre-hospital care.Emerg. Med. Clin. N. Am. 1993; 11: 1-14
Cone DC. Emergency Medical Services. In: Plantz SH, Adler JN, editor. Emergency medicine. Williams and Wilkins: Baltimore, Maryland; 1998.
Lilja GP, Robert AS. Emergency Medical Services. In: Tintinalli JE, Klein GD, Stapcynski JS, editors. Emergency medicine: a comprehensive study guide. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2000.
- Operational issues in EMS.Emerg. Med. Clin. N. Am. 2002; 20: 913-927
- A mobile intensive care unit in the management of myocardial infarction.Lancet. 1967; 2: 271-273
Division of Medical Science. National Academy of Sciences—National Research Council: accidental death and disability: the neglected disease of modern society, Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office; 1966.
California Health and Safety Code, Sections 1480–1485; 1970.
Emergency Medical Services Systems Act of 1973, Public Law 93–154, Washington, DC: 93 US Congress; 1973.
- Emergency medical services.N. Eng. J. Med. 1979; 301: 1118-1121
- Field trial of endotracheal intubation by basic EMTs.Ann. Emerg. Med. 1998; 31: 228-233
- A rural emergency medical technician with selected advanced skills.Prehosp. Emerg. Care. 1999; 3: 343-346
Rhode Island Department of Public Health 1.10.3. Rules and regulations relating to emergency medical services(R23-4.1-EMS) Rev.;2002.
US Department of Transportation—National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Emergency medical technician-paramedic: national standard curriculum; 1998.
- Study design and outcomes in out-of-hospital emergency medicine research: a 10-year analysis.Prehosp. Emerg. Care. 2000; 4: 144-150
- Increasing the efficiency of emergency medical services by using criteria based dispatch.Ann. Emerg. Med. 1994; 24: 567-572
Emergency Medical Services Agenda for the Future. Washington, DC: US Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (DOT HS 808 441); 1996.
Stout JL. System financing. In: Roush WR, editor. Principles of EMS systems. ACEP: Dallas, Texas; 1994.
- EMS … agenda for the future.Emerg. Med. Clin. N. Am. 2002; 20: 739-757
Sanders MJ. Mosby’s paramedic textbook. St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby Year-Book Inc.; 1994.
Bledsoe BE, Cherry RA, Porter RS. Brady intermediate emergency care. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall Inc.; 1995.
- Emergency medical dispatch.Emerg. Med. Clin. N. Am. 2002; 20: 859-875
National Emergency Number Association Website http://www.nena911.gov 2003.
History of 911. http://www.911dispatch.com: 2003.
- A revision of the trauma score.J. Trauma. 1989; 29: 623-629
Bledsoe BE, Porter RS, Shade BR. Brady paramedic emergency care. 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall Inc.; 1997.
Blumen IJ, Rodenberg H. Air medical transport. In: Marx JA, Hockenberg RS, Walls RM, editors. Rosen’s emergency medicine. Concepts and clinical practice. 5th ed. St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby Inc.; 2002.
- Pre-hospital 12-lead ECG diagnostic programs.Emerg. Med. Clin. N. Am. 2002; 20: 825-841